Contact at organisation: Kylie Gersh, Vision Australia
As an IGDF qualified Guide Dog Trainer, you will assess and train Seeing Eye Dogs to the Standards as set by the International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF) and the standards and practices set by Vision Australia. In this role you will also:
- Ensure the health and welfare of dogs in training. Being compliant with all statutory, legal, animal health and wellbeing requirements at all times;
- Comply with the training and dog care standards of the International Guide Dog Federation and those set by the organisation at all times;
- Ensure all dog records and documents are initiated and maintained in line with VA SED requirements and those required by the IGDF.
Vision Australia Seeing Eye Dog Trainer role earns an annual base salary of $82,043 and an additional 11% of your salary is funded each year to your Superannuation (retirement benefit).
In this position you should be a qualified as a Guide Dog Trainer with a school recognised by the International Guide Dog Federation. In addition, at least 2 years of post graduate experience as a Guide Dog Trainer is encouraged. You will also have:
- Applicants must be able to work outside in all weather conditions and meet the physical demands and requirements of this job described including the ability to undertake long walks on a daily basis;
- Must enjoy good health, hearing and eyesight and have a current driver’s licence;
- Be able to travel independently and frequently and safely transport dogs and supplies.
Why work for us:
- VA offers a very competitive salary for our seeing-eye dog instructors and trainers;
- Generous leave benefits including 20 days annual leave, up to 15 days per annum of sick leave, 3 days additional paid shutdown leave over Christmas, bereavement leave, on average 9 days of public holiday leave, long service leave, and Parental Leave;
- Access to free dog training webinars, resource library and ongoing professional development;
- VA covers the cost of visa application and relocation costs (within reason);
- Tax-free salary packaging options up to $15,900 per annum, increasing your take-home pay.
How to Apply
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note that PDF documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons. If you require any support or considerations with the application process, please reach out to People and Culture or the above hiring manager.
For more information about working at Vision Australia, please visit our Careers page: https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VNA483
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive culture, and value diversity and all abilities. We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision and from those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.