Contact at organisation: Lester Chraim, Vision Australia
As an IGDF qualified Dog Guide Instructor, you will provide dog guide services to meet client’s needs, consistent with the International Guide Dog Federation Standards and the standards, policies, procedures and values set by Vision Australia. In this role you will also:
- Instruct clients in the use and care of Seeing Eye Dogs as a mobility aid;
- Interview applicants to assess their suitability for training;
- Assess dog’s suitability and train selected dogs to matching standards;
Vision Australia Seeing Eye Dog Trainer role earns an annual base salary of $102,554 and an additional 11% of your salary is funded each year to your Superannuation (retirement benefit).
For this role you should be a qualified as a an instructor by the International Guide Dog Federation standards. In addition, experience as an instructor with an International Guide Dog Federation accredited organisation. You will also have:
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, including walking approx.12 kilometres a day in all weather, and handling young, active dogs;
- Understand and apply current animal welfare and dog training principles;
- Capacity to form effective working relationship with clients and deliver person centred services.
Why work for us:
- VA offers a very competitive salary for our seeing-eye dog instructors and trainers;
- Generous leave benefits including 20 days annual leave, up to 15 days per annum of sick leave, 3 days additional paid shutdown leave over Christmas, bereavement leave, on average 9 days of public holiday leave, long service leave, and Parental Leave;
- Access to free dog training webinars, resource library and ongoing professional development;
- VA covers the cost of visa application and relocation costs (within reason);
- Tax-free salary packaging options up to $15,900 per annum, increasing your take-home pay.
How to Apply
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note that PDF documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons. If you require any support or considerations with the application process, please reach out to People and Culture or the above hiring manager.
For more information about working at Vision Australia, please visit our Careers page: https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VNA483
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive culture, and value diversity and all abilities. We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision and from those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.