Contact at organisation: Stanley Ng, Hong Kong Seeing Eye Dog Services (HKSEDS)
Phone: 852 90806889
Organization: Hong Kong Seeing Eye Dog Services (HKSEDS)
Location: Hong Kong
Job Type: Full time
Deadline: August 30, 2021
We have a unique opportunity for a qualified Guide Dog Orientation and Mobility Instructor working within our growing team of specialists. Essential requirements include three or more years’ post-qualification experience and accreditation from an International Guide Dog Federation organisation.
As a Guide Dog Orientation & Mobility Instructor, you will be responsible for assessing and delivering high-quality guide dog mobility services to clients with a vision loss. The role may also provide services through our other assistance dog programs.
Ideally, you will be self-motivated and committed to building positive working relationships with your colleagues, clients and the community. This role will best suit someone who enjoys the variety and end-to-end service provision a small school has to offer.
A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience.
Requirements for this role:
- Three or more years’ post-qualification experience as a Guide Dog Orientation & Mobility Instructor, accreditation from an International Guide Dog Federation organisation, and a current driver’s licence;
- Assessing and training accepted dogs to a standard of readiness for allocation to clients with a vision loss;
- Solid understanding of the principles of dog learning, and a commitment to positive reinforcement;
- Reviewing dogs for their temperamental and physical suitability and ensure the application of appropriate solutions;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person-centered service practices;
- Work with the Team to ensure follow up and aftercare visits are carried out in a timely manner including maintaining accurate records for clients;
- Working in collaboration with other highly skilled staff across our dog facilities, puppy development and Guide Dog Mobility Instructors to ensure the success of our Guide Dogs.
- A commitment to live the Vision & Mission of HKSEDS.
For a complete description of the role’s key responsibilities and requirements, please review the Position Description.
Hong Kong Seeing Eye Dog Services (HKSEDS) was established by Mr. Raymond Cheung as the Chairman and operate by fellow enthusiastic volunteers who devote their professions in supporting HKSEDS.
Established on January 11, 2012, Hong Kong Seeing Eye Dogs Services (HKSEDS) is a non-profit organization aiming at the promotion of professional Seeing Eye Dog services in Hong Kong, include the training and breeding of dogs locally. We believe that this is the best way to localize the Seeing Eye Dog service and make it self-sustaining in our community. Through our services, we hope to enhance the atmosphere of social caring, and to nurture the concept of animal protection. Additionally, we would like to empower Hong Kong people to pay more attention to socially vulnerable groups and understand the needs of the physically or mentally impaired communities.
We provide accommodation and round-trip air tickets for successful applicants
How to Apply
How to Apply
We welcome applications for this position from people who may require sponsorship to work in Hong Kong and would look to provide relocation assistance to the right international candidate.
To learn more about this opportunity, visit www.seeingeyedog.org.hk
Please submit your application and specified with your expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Att: Mr Stanley Ng