Contact at organisation: Ada Cheung, HKSEDS, Hong Kong Seeing Eye Dog Services
We have a unique opportunity for a qualified Guide Dog Orientation and Mobility Instructor working within our growing team of specialists. Essential requirements include three or more years’ post- qualification experience and accreditation from an International Guide Dog Federation organisation.
As a Guide Dog Orientation & Mobility Instructor, you will be responsible for assessing and delivering high-quality guide dog mobility services to clients with a vision loss. The role may also provide services through our other assistance dog programs.
Ideally, you will be self-motivated and committed to building positive working relationships with your colleagues, clients and the community. This role will best suit someone who enjoys the variety and end-to-end service provision a small school has to offer.
A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience. Requirements for this role:
- Three or more years’ post-qualification experience as a Guide Dog Orientation & Mobility Instructor, accreditation from an International Guide Dog Federation organisation, and a current driver’s licence;
- Assessing and training accepted dogs to a standard of readiness for allocation to clients with a vision loss;
- Solid understanding of the principles of dog learning, and a commitment to positive reinforcement;
- Reviewing dogs for their temperamental and physical suitability and ensure the application of appropriate solutions;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person-centered service practices;
- Work with the Team to ensure follow up and aftercare visits are carried out in a timely manner including maintaining accurate records for clients;
- Working in collaboration with other highly skilled staff across our dog facilities, puppy development and Guide Dog Mobility Instructors to ensure the success of our Guide Dogs.
- A commitment to live the Vision & Mission of HKSEDS.
How to Apply
We welcome applications for this position from people who may require sponsorship to work in Hong Kong and would look to provide relocation assistance to the right international candidate.
To learn more about this opportunity, visit www.seeingeyedog.org.hk
Please submit your application and specified with your expected salary to : firstname.lastname@example.org