Contact at organisation: Andrea, Guide Dogs NSW/ACT
Phone: 02 9412 9300
Guide Dogs NSW/ACT is one of Australia’s most trusted charities with a long history of providing services to customers who have vision impairment that promote their independence.
We are currently looking to recruit Guide Dog Mobility Instructors (GDMI’s) to support us across NSW/ACT.
Role will involve travel across the regions of NSW and ACT, which are known for incredible outdoor spaces, beaches, café culture, national attractions, heritage buildings and diverse communities.
The purpose of a GDMI is to provide dog centric programs to people with a vision impairment, that meet the needs of the individual, while adhering to Guide Dogs NSW/ACT policies and procedures and Disability Service Standards. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring high quality dogs are trained to meet Outcome Standards determined by Guide Dogs NSW/ACT.
- Ensuring a consistent supply of high-quality Guide Dogs is produced annually to meet the requirements of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT.
- Ensuring high quality dogs are matched to meet the needs of Clients.
- Providing support for Guide Dog Client training, follow up and aftercare to Regions.
- Supporting, developing and delivering activities, resources and projects that aim to enhance client services and increase referrals for services.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following technical experience and qualifications:
- Extensive experience in Guide Dog and client training.
- Qualified Guide Dog Mobility Instructor according to International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF) Standards.
- Completion of relevant Orientation & Mobility qualifications.
This role requires the incumbent to maintain a full clean driving licence, valid Working with Children Check and NDIS clearance.
At Guide Dogs NSW/ACT we strongly encourage applications from people with vision impairment or blindness.
We are proud to be an inclusive workplace that reflects our clients and the broader community and are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We offer equal employment opportunity regardless of your disability, gender or gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital or domestic status, carer status, or political opinion.
How to Apply
Please apply via https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/GDNA205