Contact at organisation: Mr. Chris Muldoon, Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association
Phone: +44 7369242631
Hong Kong is a vibrant and exciting city, a shoppers paradise, and the pearl of the East. The Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association provides high quality training to maximize the independence of people living with low vision or blindness. In addition to our guide dogs service we also work closely with AAII organisations in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association is a leader in innovation and services to people living with sight loss. Our staff enjoy an inclusive and collaborative working
environment where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association currently has a vacancy for an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Guide Dog Mobility Instructor.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Assessment and training of guide dogs and providing mobility programs to people with low vision or blindness including assessment, training, follow-up, orientation and aftercare programs for clients.
- We have a training centre as a base to work from but all training programs for clients are domiciliary based.
- Ensure all client reports and documentation are completed to a high standard and comply with IGDF standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- Internationally (IGDF) recognised qualifications as a Guide Dog Mobility Instructor;
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of other practitioners across multi disciplines;
- A thorough practical working knowledge of contemporary issues within the international disability sector and person centred approaches, together with a strong client focus;
- A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centered service practices; and
- A strong alignment with the vision and objectives of Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association in delivering independence to people with low vision or blindness.
Benefits that Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association offer:
- Medical benefits including dental care;
- Paid Parental Leave.
Mandatory for all new staff to Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association:
Hong Kong Guide Dogs Association has a policy whereby all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination requirements as a condition of their employment, including third dose vaccinations. Vaccination evidence or valid medical exemption must be provided prior to the commencement date.
Competitive salary package, including accommodation and reasonable relocation reimbursement.
How to Apply
All enquiries and Job Description, held in the strictest confidence should be addressed to