Contact at organisation: Prudence Betros, Guide Dogs Victoria
Guide Dogs Victoria currently has a vacancy for an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Guide Dog Mobility Instructor.
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Assess and train guide dogs and provide mobility programs to people with low vision or blindness including assessment, training, follow-up, orientation and aftercare programs for clients (including domiciliary and Training Centre-based programs).
- Ensure all client reports and documentation are completed in line with our quality framework, and reporting requirements to the NDIS and other fee for service bodies; and
- Working in conjunction with practitioners across the breadth of our services in the provision of holistic support to our clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- Internationally (IGDF) recognised qualifications as a Guide Dog Mobility Instructor;
- The ability to work collaboratively with a range of other practitioners across multi disciplines;
- A thorough practical working knowledge of contemporary issues within the disability sector and person centred approaches, together with a strong client focus;
- A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person centered service practices; and
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people with low vision or blindness.
Benefits that Guide Dogs Victoria offer:
- A competitive remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging of up to $15,900;
- Paid Parental Leave;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Annual Flu Vaccinations;
- Quarterly Reward and Recognition program.