Contact at organisation: Vanessa Loh, Guide Dogs Singapore Ltd
Guide Dogs Singapore is seeking a qualified Guide Dog Mobility Instructor with IGDF accreditations. We are the only social service agency in Singapore and South East Asia that trains and provides guide dogs. Selected candidate will join our team of 12 staff members to drive the organisation’s mission and guide dog movement in Singapore.
As a GDMI in Guide Dogs Singapore, you will have the opportunity to work in a diverse and multi-cultural society and witness the direct impact of your contribution. Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide information to interested clients and support them to acquire the relevant skills to be put on the guide dog waiting list
- Assess and select dogs provided by our overseas partners (we do not breed our own dogs)
- Oversee the importation of dogs to Singapore
- Training dogs to meet the IGDF requirements, and pairing and training clients on working with their dogs
- Follow up and aftercare to clients and their dogs which also includes the periodic public assessments
- Perform and maintain proper client records for easy follow up by other staff
- Support the organisation’s advocacy and outreach efforts that direct the organisation’s strategic goals and guide dog access
- Empathy, strong communications, diligent, person-centred
- Good planning and problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment as well as independently
- Enjoy doing a variety of work in a small organisation
- Commitment to achieve a positive outcome through building positive working relations with various stakeholders which include clients, volunteers, policy makers and donors
- Able to work flexible schedule
- Open to different methods of doing things in an organisation that is expanding and evolving
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
What we offer:
- A friendly and supportive staff and management team who is passionate about the work and cause
- A collegial and positive work environment
- Attractive remuneration package
About Guide Dogs Singapore
We believe that people with vision impairment should not be limited by their loss of sight. We aim to enhance the quality of life for people with vision impairment through rehabilitation and the use of guide dogs, and help them to integrate into society.
We are currently an applicant organisation with IGDF.
Visit our website: www.guidedogs.org.sg
Singapore is a tropical and sunny country in South East Asia. The city-state is 710 square kilometres and inhabited by five million people from four major communities; Chinese (majority), Malay, Indian and Eurasian. It is a thriving metropolis offering a world-class infrastructure, a fully integrated island-wide transport network. There are 1.36 million foreign workers here. Foreign workers have complimented on our safety, wide variety of food and diversity, and ease of travelling to countries in Asia.