Contact at organisation: Lisa Johnson, Guide Dogs TAS
Phone: 08 9311 8204
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Assess and train Guide Dogs to the standard determined by Guide Dogs TAS and based on International Guide Dog Federation standards.
- In collaboration with other members of the Guide Dog Team, match Guide Dogs to clients.
- Develop, document and conduct Guide Dog Client Training Programs, both centre-based and domiciliary.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and developments in relation to Guide Dog services, training techniques, practices, policies and legislation.
- Contribute to the planning, development and delivery of Guide Dogs TAS services to metropolitan and regional clients, as required and within available resources.
- Advocate on behalf of clients in relation to issues of access and equity.
- Collaborate with other departments to achieve organisational objectives.
- Act as an ambassador for Guide dogs, promoting good public image and supporting the organisation’s strategic direction
Desired Skills and Experience
- Recognised IGDF qualification in Guide Dog Mobility.
- Suitable experience working within the field of IGDF to be able to supervise cadetships.
- Experience developing and teaching cadetship programs.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Guide Dog Mobility theory and practices, and knowledge of community resources relevant to people with vision impairment.
- Superior planning and organising skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Sound knowledge of current philosophy, policies and legislation relevant to Guide Dogs.
- Ability to manage the physical demands and inherent requirements of the job and complete the tasks and duties as stated.
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as independently, assuming responsibility for nominated tasks.
- Awareness of the personal impact of disability and loss of vision for an individual.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Availability to work flexible work hours including weekends and evenings as required.
- Current Registration to work with Vulnerable People, National Police Clearances and NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Full COVID-19 and influenza vaccination evidence.
- Effective public presentation skills.
- Broad base of experience in one or more IGDF accredited organisations.
- Background in teaching or training adults and children
What’s in it for You?
If you enjoy variety in your work, where no day is the same, then this is the role for you! Feel rewarded by purpose in your work as you help people living with disability and developmental delay to achieve independence and inclusion. Be challenged by the work you do in this dynamic and changing environment. We have a number of professionals in diverse roles with expertise in their field. Learn and expand your knowledge in this specialised area. You will also benefit from:
- Generous Salary Packaging arrangements.
- Work within a friendly and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
- Flexible working arrangements – work from home options and flexible start and finish times.
- Access to Training and Professional Development opportunities.
- 3 additional days of paid leave as a gift to you over the Christmas / New Year period.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering external counselling and support services to you and your family.
- Dogs in the office everyday!
How to Apply
How To Apply
We encourage people with disability and of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply. Everyone is welcome, as we are an inclusive and diverse workplace. EverAbility assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, EverAbility reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. If you are interested in this position click on the link below, complete the application questions and upload a Cover Letter and Resume.
If you have any questions or would like to receive a full Job Description, please contact email@example.com or Kim.Ryan@guidedogstas.com.au
Applications close as soon as the right person applies!