Contact at organisation: Julie Bryksy, Human resources Manager, Guide Dogs SA/NT
Phone: 011 61 8 8203 8398
Apply your skills as a qualified Guide Dog Mobility Instructor to make a real difference for people living with low vision or blindness, children with autism, and their families. Join the team at Guide Dogs SA/NT and enjoy a rewarding role based in one of the world’s most liveable cities.
About the role:
As a Guide Dog Mobility Instructor, you will be responsible for assessing and delivering high-quality Guide Dog mobility services to clients with a vision loss and/or Autism Assistance Dog services to families of children with autism. The role may also provide services through our Facility and Therapy Dog programs.
The role will also include some travel around South Australia and the Northern Territory while providing services to our clients. Collaboration with other Guide Dogs schools may provide opportunities for travel in other areas of Australia.
A market-leading remuneration package is available commensurate with skills and experience, inclusive of access to tax-free salary packaging.
Ideally, you will be self-motivated and committed to building positive working relationships with your colleagues, clients and the community. This role will best suit someone who enjoys the variety and end-to-end service provision a small school has to offer.
Requirements for this role:
- Qualification as a Guide Dog Orientation & Mobility Instructor from an International Guide Dog Federation accredited organisation, and a current driver’s licence;
- Assessing and training accepted dogs to a standard of readiness for allocation to clients with a vision loss, or the families of children with autism;
- Solid understanding of the principles of dog learning, and a commitment to positive reinforcement;
- Reviewing dogs for their temperamental and physical suitability and ensure the application of appropriate solutions;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person-centered service practices;
- Work with the Client Services Team to ensure follow up and aftercare visits are carried out in a timely manner including maintaining accurate records for clients;
- Working in collaboration with other highly skilled staff across our dog facilities, puppy development and Guide Dog Mobility Instructors to ensure the success of our Guide Dogs.
- A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Guide Dogs South Australia & Northern Territory.
About Guide Dogs SA/NT:
We put our clients and their families at the heart of everything we do. Every day, we empower our people to find the solutions that will make the biggest differences to achieve independence, participation, inclusion and wellbeing. We know that no two journeys are the same. So we work side-by-side with clients and their families to make their way through the road ahead, with services tailored to suit them.
Our support extends far beyond the Adelaide region to include remote and regional areas of South Australia and the Northern Territory. We support people of all ages, with different levels of vision, to achieve freedom and independence. Our life-changing Autism Assistance Dog program also improves comfort, safety and confidence for children living with autism and their families.
Our successful puppy development program provides pathways for Guide Dogs, Autism Assistance Dogs, Facility Dogs and Therapy Dogs. A recent redevelopment provides purpose-built facilities for Puppy Development, Training and Boarding in the heart of Adelaide.
About Adelaide, South Australia:
Guide Dogs SA/NT is located in the heart of Adelaide, South Australia – consistently voted one of the world’s most liveable cities. From the picturesque Adelaide Hills to our stunning coastline and world-class wine regions, the state boasts something for everyone.
The city is conveniently located on the southern coastline of Australia, with beaches, scenic hikes, and gorgeous weekend getaway destinations all within a 30-minute drive. It is also just a short flight to Melbourne, Sydney or Perth, and the gateway to some of Australia’s most iconic outback regions.
With world-renowned educational institutions, convenient transport, an abundance of cultural and leisure activities, and the second lowest cost of living of all Australian capital cities, Adelaide promises great value without compromising on quality of life. The city strikes just the right balance between bustling and relaxed, with residents earning themselves a reputation for being warm, friendly and inclusive.
How to Apply
We welcome applications for this position from people who may require sponsorship to work in Australia and would look to provide relocation assistance to the right international candidate.
To learn more about this opportunity and view the Position Description, visit: http://sant.guidedogs.com.au/about-us/careers/GDMI/
Please submit your application to: email@example.com