Contact at organisation: Jane Thornton, Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind
Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind is seeking a qualified GDMI to work full time. You will be expected to train guide dogs and guide dog teams, perform after care visits nation wide, and occasionally attend CGDB related events. In your spare time you will be able to enjoy hiking, canoeing, camping, skiing, snow boarding, boating, a variety of cultural events, amazing cuisine from all parts of the world and everything else Canada has to offer. Ottawa is a reoccurring location on the most liveable cities in the world!
All GDMI’s are located at our head office in Manotick, Ontario. Manotick is located 25 minutes from downtown Ottawa. We have clients based throughout Ottawa as well as nation wide. Candidates should be prepared to undertake nights away from home when required throughout Canada.
Successful Applicants will be expected to have the following:
- Hold a GDMI qualification recognized under the International Guide Dog Federation.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the guide dog industry.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Sound skills and knowledge expected of a GDMI, modern dog training methods as well as an open attitude to new insights in dog training.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- A valid drivers license.
- Bilingualism is seen an asset however not essential. (English and French)
This position is a renewable two year contract subject to obtaining a work visa.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to please e-mail their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org