Contact at organisation: Mr Ugo Sprecher, Foundation Swiss School for Guide Dogs for the Blind in Allschwil
Phone: +41 61 487 95 95
Foundation Swiss School for Guide Dogs for the Blind in Allschwil (Canton of Basel Landschaft) was first established in 1972 and is funded by donations, legacies and the Swiss disability insurance scheme. It is responsible for the breeding, rearing and training of guide dogs for blind people, assistance dogs, social support dogs and autism service dogs. The infrastructure is modern and the standard set by the training concept is high.
We are looking for a Full-time Guide Dog Instructor Team Manager to start immediately, or on a date to be agreed on between us. If you are interested in working with people and animals, are open-minded, flexible and careful and have a hands-on attitude, why not take advantage of this opportunity and send us your application now?
- Managing the personnel and task-related aspects of a team of guide dog instructors
- Ensuring that the processes required to train and care for the guide dogs within the team is in place
- Conducting the staff interviews and leading the team meetings
- Training guide dogs for blind people as well as introducing them into their work placement, providing them with follow-up care and arranging their retirement
- Supporting our aspiring candidates and current keepers of guide dogs at education events
- Ensuring that all the school’s requirement into aspiring candidates for guide dogs are met
- A recognised qualification as an instructor of guide dogs for the blind SERI/IGDF
- At least 4 years’ experience in the guide dogs for the blind sector
- In-depth knowledge of modern dog training methods and an open approach to new insights into the training of dogs
- Excellent command of written and spoken German; French would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a management position would be an advantage; an organised, methodical, reliable figure with good communication and organisational skills
- Category B driving licence
We offer you an interesting field of work in beautiful natural surroundings; a responsible and fascinating challenge in a dedicated team; regular opportunities for further professional development. Naturally, we also offer appropriate remuneration and attractive social benefits.
Please note: It will not be possible to bring your own dog to work with you. Because this job advert is for a guide dog instructor, you will be required to take the dog-in-training home with you.
You cannot travel directly to the school by public transport.
More information about our institution is available at www.blindenhundeschule.ch/en