Contact at organisation: Robert Arnold, Vision Australia
Phone: 1300 84 74 66
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Based at the Seeing Eye Dogs headquarters in Kensington, Melbourne, Australia
- Base Salary + Superannuation = $81,596 + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose? If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support:
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role:
- Co-ordinate logistics and operations of the Seeing Eye Dogs Breeding Program including canine reproduction, matings and pregnancy care;
- Induct, train and support volunteer Breeder Carers to care for Seeing Eye Dogs Breeding Dogs in their homes;
- Oversee handling, socialisation and training of Seeing Eye Dogs Breeding Stock;
- Manage caseload of between 20-30 breeding stock and their volunteer carers;
- Conduct dog temperament testing according to agreed objective assessment tools used by Seeing Eye Dogs.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive experience in either dog training (ideally within service dog industry), or extensive experience in canine reproduction;
- Demonstrated evidence of excellent dog handling ability;
- Proven success in coaching and training other staff and volunteers, especially in regards to the caring and handling of dogs;
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills including competency in conducting crucial conversations and providing constructive feedback;
- Ability and willingness to conduct some work on weekends and during holidays if required.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia:
- Generous salary packaging options;
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Exciting career paths;
- Exceptional professional development opportunities.
With the offer of Salary Packaging, you can use some of your salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you pay less tax and have more money to spend. That’s because your salary packaging money is deducted first and then your tax is calculated on the remaining amount.
Vision Australia is committed to do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of clients (including children); their families; the community; staff and volunteers; and any other person entering Vision Australia’s workplace. Police checks, state working with children checks, NDIS Worker Screening checks and Professional Registrations form part of Vision Australia’s probity screening standards ensuring that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.
How to Apply
If this sounds like a great fit for you and to find out more about the role, please follow this link to apply: https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VNA115
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.