Contact at organisation: Matthias Lenz, BC & Alberta Guide Dogs
Phone: +1 778 991 0839
Seeking Applications for The Position of: Vancouver Island Puppy Training Supervisor
- This is a fulltime salaried position with benefits, reporting to the Manager of Puppy Raising. Working & traveling from home.
- The geographical area of operation will be the greater Victoria area with occasional travel to the Lower Mainland.
- The applicant must hold a valid BC Drivers License.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong background in Canine Training, both puppies and adults with a minimum of 3 years experience. Canine Training Industry Standards Certification/diploma qualifications would be an advantage.
- The applicant needs to demonstrate that they are both a team player and able to work independently, have outstanding record keeping, good communication skills, extremely well organized, highly motivated, reliable, punctual, patient and understanding with volunteers.
Key Components of the Position:
- Recruit volunteer foster families to raise and socialize puppies to adulthood.
- Interview applicant families applying to the program.
- Place the puppies in the homes of the approved homes.
- Make regular scheduled visits with the volunteer puppy trainers both at their homes and out in the public domain in such places as shopping malls to instruct puppy training and observe the health, development and progress of the puppies in training. These sessions may be in groups or on an individual basis as the situation requires.
- Run weekly group obedience classes for puppies and adults.
- Assess the dogs regularly with provided assessment tools, both in-person and in the form of questionnaires.
This is a key position in the canine development of our future Guide-, Autism- and PTSD / OSI Service Dogs. If you are up to the challenge and have the appropriate background and experience we would be pleased to hear from you.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org