Contact at organisation: Kristine Wallace, Guide Dogs of America
- Help ensure a safe, humane, clean, and sterile environment for the dogs.
- Feed, bathe, exercise, and groom dogs
- Conduct routine health care and routine procedures when necessary, including vaccines and other medications as requested, restraining, and weighing dogs, and taking care of minor ear, wound or skin issues in accordance with GDA protocols.
- Monitor the health and status of dogs in their care and report any concerns or changes to Manager.
- Daily cleaning activities including cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting kennels; sweeping; steam cleaning.
- Cleaning indoor and outdoor yards; laundry, trash, dishes
- Organize and stock supplies as assigned, report low level to manager.
- Supervise canine socialization and enrichment activities.
- Volunteer Management and communication (preschoolers, huggers, housekeepers, and breeder hosts)
- Supervise dogs when playing.
- Draw blood, process lab results and track/analyze slides under microscope.
- Breed dogs naturally and through artificial insemination.
- Ability to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, as needed.
- Working indoors and outdoors in a variety of conditions and share office space.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Stand, walk long distances outdoors in all weather conditions, push, pull, reach overhead and bend to the floor.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds; must possess the physical strength to lift healthy, potentially strong, large breed dogs.
- Ability to handle and control a large breed dog.
- Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force including pushing or moving objects.
- Ability to wear protective gear including masks, gloves, goggles, boots.
- Visual acuity required to see and read dog’s reaction to environment and distractions, ability to read forms, documentation, and computer screen.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather.
- Working with all sizes of dogs.
- Ability to tolerate elevated noise levels – barking dogs.
- Must be able to lift minimum of 50 lbs. and up to 70 lbs. with assistance.
- Drive and operate safely personal automobile with clean DMVR.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- 18+ years of age.
- Work well as part of a team and in a team environment.
- Experience working in Veterinary medicine.
- Prefer degree in Animal Science.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org