Contact at organisation: Christina Fenton, Southeastern Guide Dogs
Southeastern Guide Dogs is seeking a seasoned Certified Guide Dog Instructor to join our team in a manager capacity. The Training Team Manager is the liaison between remaining Guide Dog Instructors/Apprentices and the Director of Training. These Managers are responsible for the supervisory duties of these team members and also the further development and growth of our Training department as a whole.
Training team managers are responsible for managing 1-2 guide dog training teams of 3-4 instructors per team. Managers will oversee training teams during guide dog training and during three week on campus client training. Managers should be visible and available to their instructors. An approachable and supportive relationship should be built between each team member and the team manager while maintaining a culture of accountability and productivity.
- Maintain a level of high expectations in the training of our world class guide dogs and client instruction.
- Remain up to date on all behavioral, training and medical information with each dog assigned to your team(s).
- Provide the daily/weekly schedule for each of your training teams and ensure each training team is staying on track with the training curriculum.
- Ensure training records are kept up to date by all team members.
- Frequently work the dogs in training for each of your training teams.
- Occasionally assist in the evaluation of puppies in training.
- Be core team member in all aspects of three week on campus client training classes.
- Maintain clear and constant communication with the Director of Training.
- Travel when necessary for follow ups, home training or admissions interviews.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays when applicable during class training.
- Approve timesheets and time off for all members of your teams.
- Provide employee performance appraisals when needed.
- Assist Director of Training on protocol updates.
- Occasionally assist with marketing needs.
- Certification as a Guide Dog Instructor by an IGDF accredited Guide Dog school (REQUIRED)
- 5+ years experience working as a certified Guide Dog Instructor (REQUIRED)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Exceptional writing, communication and public speaking skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license
- The organization pays 100% of the premium on the base medical, dental and vision insurance as well as covers $15k in life insurance and offers a 5% retirement plan match for all benefit-eligible employees.
- We have a Fitness Center/Gym available for FREE to all employees
- Our PTO policies are very generous (12 – 20 days per year depending on tenure) + Plus we offer a variety of opportunities to earn additional PTO
- We recognize 11 paid holidays per year – even your birthday is a holiday!
- Chef-prepared lunch is available for FREE on campus (Monday – Friday)