Contact at organisation: Prudence Betros, Guide Dogs Victoria
Salary AUD $96,357 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation.
Guide Dogs Victoria is a leader in breaking down barriers that enable our people to live life without limits.
Guide Dogs Victoria recognises and responds to the diverse needs and choices of our Clients. We specialise in providing high quality and safe services and supports to people living with low vision or blindness and other disabilities. We are one of Australia’s most trusted charity and an employer of choice in the disability and aged care sectors. We recognise and celebrate the diversity of our employees and volunteers and the benefits this brings to our organisation. Our people enjoy an inclusive and culturally safe work environment free from all forms of discrimination. Guide Dogs Victoria is a place where talent is recognised and innovation is encouraged.
Guide Dogs Victoria is currently recruiting for a Guide Dog Client Services Team Leader to join our Guide Dog Services Team and head the delivery of our Guide Dog Client Services Program
In this role you will be responsible to:
- Lead a team of Guide Dog Mobility Instructors in the delivery of Guide Dog mobility services, in line with the strategic objectives of Guide Dogs Victoria.
- Manage and lead team dynamics across Guide Dogs Services, including recruitment, induction, supervision, coaching, and recognition and performance management.
- Oversee the complete Guide Dog client services delivery program across the Guide Dog Services Team including client matching, training, assessment, follow up, aftercare etc.
- Show a commitment to staff and provide ongoing support, training opportunities and education to staff through demonstrated and sound knowledge of the fundamental principles behind Guide Dog training and client outcomes.
The successful candidate will have:
- Internationally recognised qualifications as a Guide Dog Mobility Instructor (through the International Guide Dog Federation)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A commitment to live the Values and Behaviours of Guide Dogs Victoria;
- A strong client and customer focus and a commitment to person cantered service practices;
- A strong alignment with the vision of Guide Dogs Victoria in delivering independence to people with low vision or blindness.
Benefits that Guide Dogs Victoria offer:
- A competitive remuneration package is available to commensurate with skills and experience, which includes tax free salary packaging of up to $18,550;
- Fully maintained Tool of Trade Vehicle, which can also be used for personal use;
- Professional development opportunities, encompassing dedicated time for mentoring, attending workshops/conferences, leadership courses (from the Australian institute of Managers & Leaders); including study leave and educational assistance up to the value of $2,000
- Working with experienced, skilled, passionate practitioners; and the opportunity to work with your desired client groups (i,e. different age groups)
- Opportunity to develop skills specific to the disability sector & make a meaningful difference in the lives of our clients;
- 6 weeks paid parental leave for the primary care giver.
Guide Dogs Victoria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment that embraces and values diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with low vision, blindness or other disability and all persons of all backgrounds to apply. Guide Dogs Victoria is committed to making workplace adjustments to support candidates through the recruitment and selection process and we encourage you to apply, if you are interested in the role.
Mandatory Safety Screening Checks
Guide Dogs is a disability service provider that is captured by the Victorian Government COVID-19 vaccination Pandemic Orders. All employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination requirements as a condition of their employment, including third dose vaccinations. Vaccination evidence or valid medical exemption must be provided prior to the commencement date.
This role also requires the successful candidate to complete and receive a clear result for an NDIS worker screen and employee WWCC.