Contact at organisation: Miriam Munitz, Guide Dogs Western Australia and Guide Dogs Tasmania
Reporting to the CEO and collaborating with the Executive Team, this role is responsible for providing the strategic leadership, development and management of EverAbility’s Dog Services across WA and Tasmania. The role will build strategic partnerships and business development strategies that meet the identified and emerging needs of the community, consistent with the organisation’s values and strategic plan.
Leading a team of experts in their field, including our Breeding Specialist and Mobility Instructors and Trainers, your role will be to support and motivate the team to ensure we are a leading provider of choice within the community. You will lead established services that are client-centred and values-based, ensuring all audit and compliance measures are met, as well as identify and execute new business development opportunities, to financially support the ongoing sustainability of Guide Dogs WA/TAS.
This role will suit a self-motivated, dynamic and energetic person who can build trust quickly through quality leadership, with the innate ability to ‘get things done’. You are comfortable working in an organisation that encourages flexibility, agility and connectedness across our WA and TAS operations.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a generous salary package and car allowance, commensurate with experience.
To be considered you will need:
- 10+ years demonstrated successful experience in leadership in the delivery of complex human services.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Guide Dog Mobility theory and practices, and knowledge of community resources relevant to people with vision impairment.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Successful experience in negotiating and managing service funding agreements.
- Proven strategic planning and change management experience leading to improved operational outcomes and the development of innovative services.
- Demonstrated success in business development including the preparation of funding submissions in order to maximise funding from external sources.
- A strong values based approach to service delivery in Guide and Assistance Dog Services and an understanding of the benefits of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to travel between WA, Tasmania and internationally as required.
- Previous Management and Leadership experience in the provision of Guide Dog Services and or Guide Dog Breeding.
- Experience with Profit-for-Purpose and NDIS is highly desirable.
How to Apply
If you enjoy variety in your work, where no day is the same, then this is the role for you! You will also benefit from:
- Generous Salary Packaging arrangements up to $15,800.
- Company laptop, mobile phone and generous vehicle allowance provided.
- Flexible working arrangements and access to Training and Professional Development opportunities.
- 3 additional days of paid leave as a gift to you over the Christmas / New Year period.
- Free use of our onsite gym and discounts to fitness programs.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering external counselling and support services to you and your family.
- Free on-site parking and close to public transport (across the road from Victoria Park Train Station).
- Subsidised annual flu shots.
- Dogs in the office every day!
How to Apply
We encourage people with disability and of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background to apply. Everyone is welcome, as we are an inclusive and diverse workplace. EverAbility assesses all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, EverAbility reserves the right to close this recruitment process prior to the advertised date. If you are interested in this position click follow the link to our website, complete the application questions and upload a Cover Letter and Resume. visit: https://visability.elmotalent.com.au/careers/guidedogswa-tas/job/view/48
Questions before you proceed?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Angie Hutchinson, Manager People and Culture, for a confidential discussion on 0421 230 645.
Applications close Friday 3 December 2021 as soon as the right person applies!