Contact at organisation: Chris Diefenthaler, Assistance Dogs International
Phone: +1 (419) 350-5788
Roles and Responsibilities
The essential functions listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed; the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to be completed by the position:
Learning Management System (LMS) Development and Management
- Assist in the development of new educational programs through the LMS.
- Track the progress of members, candidate programs and instructors through their educational programs.
- On-going development and maintenance of the content within the LMS and Resource Center.
- Conduct training on how to use the LMS with the members, candidates, and individual’s enrolled in the program.
- Register and train members in LMS that are interested in the Instructor Certification Program.
- Assist the Education Committee in the development of educational resources for members, candidates, and instructors.
- Develop educational programs including but not limited to webinars, Members’ Forums and workshops for members and candidates to further their knowledge and training.
- Coordinate the development of conference presentations to support education programs and certifications.
- Assist with the development of Continued Education Units (CEU’s) for the Resource Center.
- On-going maintenance of content within the LMS and Resource Center.
- Facilitate networking groups to support sharing of best practices.
- Support and maintain the Digital ID Card program by creating templates, training, and assisting with member questions.
- Process all Membership applications and annual renewals.
- Prepare annual Census Fact Sheet.
- Maintain membership information on the ADI website and Salesforce.
- Assist with the International Breeding Cooperative, if needed.
- Support and work with candidate programs to meet all ADI Standards and prepare for the Accreditation process.
- Liaise with Accreditation Manager as candidate programs prepare for their first accreditation survey.
- Assist, track and support Candidate progress through the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Respond to all inquiries regarding new Candidate Applications.
- Provide information and support for potential Candidates during the application processes.
- Maintain and update all candidate documents and forms.
- Review and process new candidate applications.
- Maintain candidate information/organizational listings on the website and in Salesforce.
ADI Board and Committee Support
- Support the ADI North America and ADI Oceania Candidate Review Committees (CRC).
- Support the Membership Committee and sub-committees.
- Support the Education Committee and sub-committees.
- Attend ADI Board of Directors and committee meetings and provide updates when necessary.
ADI Operations Support
- Work with Executive Director to ensure that all data is updated and correct in all database systems and the website.
- Work with Executive Director to provide consistent messaging to members through the ADI Newsletter.
- Assist the Executive Director with the conference planning and registration.
- Respond to inquiries through the website.
- Assist Executive Director, Accreditation Manager and ADEu Development Coordinator as needed.
- Attend meetings as needed.
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
Required Experience and Competencies
- Experience, knowledge, skills and passion for education.
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to successfully work with multiple projects and programs simultaneously.
Desired Experience and Competencies
- Knowledgeable about ADI Standards and Accreditation Process.
- Knowledgeable about assistance dog training philosophies/techniques, client training, and acceptable levels of performance.
- Experience working as a part of an ADI accredited program.
Required Skills and Competencies
Language and Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, management, staff of member programs and the public.
- Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Possess interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively with a diverse group of individuals and provide information with ordinary courtesy, patience and tact.
- Routinely utilize advanced English language skills to edit documents and to prepare reports and correspondence, including spelling, sentence structure, syntax, grammar, usage, and the chief aspects of style, such as punctuation, capitalization, abbreviations, plurals and possessives, and compound words.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, listen and get clarification, and respond well to questions.
- Ability to make presentations comfortably to small and large groups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat and typing proficiency.
- Proficiency in database management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Essential and marginal job duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ADI is a virtual organization with no central physical office location. This position requires the ability to work from home with reliable access to phone and high-speed secure internet service.
This is an employee salaried position for 40 hours per week with the flexibility to adjust specific hours as needed to accommodate the needs of an international organization working across multiple time zones. Domestic or international travel to annual board meetings and conferences may be required.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume with a cover letter including your minimum salary requirements to Chris Diefenthaler, ADI Executive Director at email@example.com.